London, Mar 12 : Prince Harry hopes that the Queen is proud of what he has done during his first solo overseas tour.
The 27-year-old Royal revealed that the reception he had received on his 10-day trip to the Caribbean and Brazil had left him "choked up".
On the final day of his tour Prince Harry said that he had been "humbled" by the "amazing warmth" shown towards him and the Queen.
"I tell you what, it's been an emotional trip. I'm absolutely exhausted but the warmth of the reception that we've received from every single country that we've been to has been amazing," the Telegraph quoted him as saying.
"I personally had no idea how much warmth there was towards the Queen. To me that's been very humbling and I was actually quite choked up seeing the way that they're celebrating her 60 years. She's thousands of miles away and yet they celebrated her in the way they did and made me feel so welcome, so I couldn't thank them more," he said.
The Prince, who marked the final day of his tour by playing in a polo match in aid of his children's charity, Sentebale, said that he had spoken with the Queen shortly before his departure.
"We had a great chat. She wished me luck and she said `Enjoy it, I hope you do me proud.' It was a typical grandmother to grandson chat. I just hope that my grandmother is proud of what we've done," he added. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals