Los Angeles, Feb 27 - The 84th Academy Awards for best sound editing and best sound mixing went to "Hugo".
The Martin Scorsese film beat other nominees like "Drive", "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" and "War Horse" for the best sound editing trophy, collected by Philip Stockton and Eugene Gearty
In the sound mixing category, the movie pipped "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", "Moneyball", "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" and "War Horse". The award was picked by Tom Fleischman and John Midgley.
"Hugo" is set in 1930s Paris. The movie narrates the tale of an orphan who lives in the walls of a train station is wrapped up in a mystery involving his late father and an automaton. (IANS)
Random Acidfree items
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals