Los Angeles, Feb 27 - The 84th Academy Awards for best sound editing and best sound mixing went to "Hugo".
The Martin Scorsese film beat other nominees like "Drive", "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" and "War Horse" for the best sound editing trophy, collected by Philip Stockton and Eugene Gearty
In the sound mixing category, the movie pipped "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", "Moneyball", "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" and "War Horse". The award was picked by Tom Fleischman and John Midgley.
"Hugo" is set in 1930s Paris. The movie narrates the tale of an orphan who lives in the walls of a train station is wrapped up in a mystery involving his late father and an automaton. (IANS)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes