London, March 12 : The much-anticipated Spider-Man musical has suffered a series of problems and delays in the past six months - and now it has been hit with another major blow. The project''s star, Evan Rachel Wood, has quit.
A financial problem temporarily shut down production in August (09), just two months after Wood confirmed she''d be playing Spider-Man''s love interest, reports the Daily Star.
And now Wood has walked over a scheduling conflict, forcing producers to find a new Mary Jane.
Previews were expected to begin last month, but now the Broadway stageshow, titled Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, is not expected to make its debut until the end of the summer (10). (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals