London, Feb 1: `Desperate Housewives' star Eva Longoria''s divorce from husband Tony Parker was finalised on Friday in a Texas court.
The couple split suddenly in November amid allegations that the San Antonio Spurs basketballer had cheated on her with his teammate''s wife, reports the Daily Mail.
Due to conflicting divorce petitions filed by each party''s lawyers, there was expected to be a delay in the proceedings.
But Longoria''s representatives quietly filed papers to dismiss her petition in L. A. County Superior court the same day, according to TMZ.
The actress is understood to have agreed that Texas, where the couple''s pre-nup was signed, was the right location for the divorce to take place.
Eva was said to be very upset when she learned that days after she filed divorce papers in Los Angeles in November, her estranged husband filed his own petition.
While both said they intended to uphold their pre-nuptial agreement, Longoria''s petition asked for spousal support, which was not in line with the original contract.
Their disagreements over the divorce now appear to have been resolved, and the pair is no longer husband and wife. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes
- Hamilton set to overtake Beckham as richest ever Brit sportsman
- 2016 Rio Olympics mascot is a bright yellow smiley-faced cat-like figure!
- Nadal set for return to court in Jan
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz