London, Mar 30 : Sir Elton John has said that given his excessive cocaine intake in the past, it's a "miracle" he didn't end up dying an addict like Whitney Houston.
The 65-year-old singer confessed that if he hadn't kicked his drug habit in 1990 he would be dead.
"I'd probably be dead," the Daily Mail quoted him as saying in a US television interview.
"I didn't want to end up like Whitney Houston and I could so easily have ended up like her.
"It's a miracle I didn't because I'm sure I did as much cocaine as she ever did," he said.
John's revelations come just six weeks after Houston was found dead in the bathroom of her Beverly Hills hotel room aged just 48.
The British singer, who married partner David Furnish in 2005, has always been open about his battle with drugs and alcohol.
The `Tiny Dancer' hitmaker has previously described his old self as a "real mess" and said getting sober and clean in 1990 was his "greatest achievement in life."
He said his life could have been very different if he hadn't overcome his addictions.
"I would not be the person I am today. I wouldn't have Zachary, I wouldn't have David, I wouldn't have anything," he said. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals