Washington, October 31 : British pop star Robbie Williams has been banned from performing at a Dubai racecourse, after his last concert at the venue upset the thoroughbred racehorses owned by the ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
The singer performed at the racecourse in April 2006 for a whopping one million dollars.
Dubai Racing Club chief Frank Gabriel said that the decision to ban Williams from performing at the racecourse was taken to avoid further disturbances to the horses in future.
"The concert affected the horses' state of mind and their performance,” Contactmusic quoted him as saying.
"That will not and must not happen ever again," he added.
Dubai Racing Club is famous for hosting the world’s richest series of horse races, the annual Dubai World Cup. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals
- Murray beats Sousa in straight sets to advance to last 16 in Cincinnati