Washington, October 31 : British pop star Robbie Williams has been banned from performing at a Dubai racecourse, after his last concert at the venue upset the thoroughbred racehorses owned by the ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
The singer performed at the racecourse in April 2006 for a whopping one million dollars.
Dubai Racing Club chief Frank Gabriel said that the decision to ban Williams from performing at the racecourse was taken to avoid further disturbances to the horses in future.
"The concert affected the horses' state of mind and their performance,” Contactmusic quoted him as saying.
"That will not and must not happen ever again," he added.
Dubai Racing Club is famous for hosting the world’s richest series of horse races, the annual Dubai World Cup. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes
- Hamilton set to overtake Beckham as richest ever Brit sportsman
- 2016 Rio Olympics mascot is a bright yellow smiley-faced cat-like figure!
- Nadal set for return to court in Jan
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz