Washington, October 31 : British pop star Robbie Williams has been banned from performing at a Dubai racecourse, after his last concert at the venue upset the thoroughbred racehorses owned by the ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
The singer performed at the racecourse in April 2006 for a whopping one million dollars.
Dubai Racing Club chief Frank Gabriel said that the decision to ban Williams from performing at the racecourse was taken to avoid further disturbances to the horses in future.
"The concert affected the horses' state of mind and their performance,” Contactmusic quoted him as saying.
"That will not and must not happen ever again," he added.
Dubai Racing Club is famous for hosting the world’s richest series of horse races, the annual Dubai World Cup. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Serena continues to dominate WTA rankings with 5865-point lead
- India retain second place in ICC ratings despite series loss
- Li Na beats Cibulkova for maiden Australian Open title
- Federer highest-paid athlete in tennis with 71.5 mln dollars earnings in 2013
- Somdev advances to 2nd round of Australian Open qualifiers