Washington, October 31 : British pop star Robbie Williams has been banned from performing at a Dubai racecourse, after his last concert at the venue upset the thoroughbred racehorses owned by the ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
The singer performed at the racecourse in April 2006 for a whopping one million dollars.
Dubai Racing Club chief Frank Gabriel said that the decision to ban Williams from performing at the racecourse was taken to avoid further disturbances to the horses in future.
"The concert affected the horses' state of mind and their performance,” Contactmusic quoted him as saying.
"That will not and must not happen ever again," he added.
Dubai Racing Club is famous for hosting the world’s richest series of horse races, the annual Dubai World Cup. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes