New York, May 19 : Sacha Baron Cohen has revealed that Moammar Khadafy, who ruled over the people of Libya for decades, was the inspiration behind the titular buffoon in his new movie "The Dictator."
The 40-year-old considers the late Libyan despot to be quite `absurd'.
"Col. Khadafy was kind of the most absurd of the dictators," the New York Daily News quoted Cohen as telling in an interview on `CBS This Morning.
"Obviously vicious, but he would dress unintentionally like a 65-year-old woman."
"(He) often broke wind during interviews with the BBC. Had 15 virgin guards to protect him at all times. Very few of whom remained as virgins," said the actor
However, when asked about people who may be offended by his brand of comedy, Cohen briefly turned serious.
"The idea is that comedy should be free.
"To single out a particular group and say we can't make a joke about them is almost a form of prejudice and it's kind of patronizing," he added. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Serena continues to dominate WTA rankings with 5865-point lead
- India retain second place in ICC ratings despite series loss
- Li Na beats Cibulkova for maiden Australian Open title
- Federer highest-paid athlete in tennis with 71.5 mln dollars earnings in 2013
- Somdev advances to 2nd round of Australian Open qualifiers