London, Mar 14 : Daniel Radcliffe says his relationship with girlfriend Rosie Coker changed his reputation by putting to rest rumours that he's gay.
The British actor has gone from `Harry Potter' to Hollywood heartthrob thanks to his role in `The Woman In Black'.
"I had to smile when stories emerged questioning whether I was gay. Obviously I knew I wasn't but people were curiously desperate to suggest I was," the Daily Express quoted him as saying.
"The papers used to say I had a gay face, whatever that is, or a gay voice but it simply wasn't true. Now I have a girlfriend so I'm guessing everyone finally believes me," he said.
Radcliffe met Coker, 22, a film production assistant, on the `Harry Potter' set in 2007 but their relationship became widely known only last year.
"I decided a long time ago to be open about everything in my life so when photos appeared of me and Rosie together I confirmed we were dating and it put an end to the rumours," he added.
However, Radcliffe has no qualms about associating himself with the gay community. He's recorded several TV adverts for the Trevor Project, a US-based charity supporting gay teens at risk of suicide. He's also about to play gay poet Allen Ginsberg in the thriller `Kill Your Darlings'.
"When you know a gay guy has a crush on you it's the most flattering thing," he has said. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes