London, Mar 14 : Daniel Radcliffe says his relationship with girlfriend Rosie Coker changed his reputation by putting to rest rumours that he's gay.
The British actor has gone from `Harry Potter' to Hollywood heartthrob thanks to his role in `The Woman In Black'.
"I had to smile when stories emerged questioning whether I was gay. Obviously I knew I wasn't but people were curiously desperate to suggest I was," the Daily Express quoted him as saying.
"The papers used to say I had a gay face, whatever that is, or a gay voice but it simply wasn't true. Now I have a girlfriend so I'm guessing everyone finally believes me," he said.
Radcliffe met Coker, 22, a film production assistant, on the `Harry Potter' set in 2007 but their relationship became widely known only last year.
"I decided a long time ago to be open about everything in my life so when photos appeared of me and Rosie together I confirmed we were dating and it put an end to the rumours," he added.
However, Radcliffe has no qualms about associating himself with the gay community. He's recorded several TV adverts for the Trevor Project, a US-based charity supporting gay teens at risk of suicide. He's also about to play gay poet Allen Ginsberg in the thriller `Kill Your Darlings'.
"When you know a gay guy has a crush on you it's the most flattering thing," he has said. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings