London, Oct 21 : Singer Cheryl Cole is the latest star to be honoured with her own wax replica figure by famous museum Madame Tussauds.
The singer unveiled her wax statue worth $237,660 Wednesday here.
"I can't explain how strange it is! It will take a little while to take in," femalefirst. co. uk quoted her as saying.
The waxwork reflects Cheryl's glamourous look and is styled in a specially-created scarlet floor-length Jean-Paul Gaultier dress with heels. The model also has the 27-year-old pop star's trademark flowing locks and can be seen posing with hands on hips.
The wax figure has been placed in the A-list party area which includes doubles of Dame Helen Mirren, Robert Pattinson and Russell Brand.
"As the reaction of the public here today confirms, Cheryl is one of Britain's hottest celebrities and we're delighted to welcome her to Madame Tussauds London," said Liz Edwards, public relations manager at Madame Tussauds.
"We've been inundated with requests to feature her figure in the attraction and we expect it to quickly become one of the most popular here. Like the real Ms Cole, the figure is a knock out and will fit in perfectly with the glamorous line-up of stars in our A-List party area," she said. (IANS)
Random Acidfree items
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals