London, Oct 21 : Singer Cheryl Cole is the latest star to be honoured with her own wax replica figure by famous museum Madame Tussauds.
The singer unveiled her wax statue worth $237,660 Wednesday here.
"I can't explain how strange it is! It will take a little while to take in," femalefirst. co. uk quoted her as saying.
The waxwork reflects Cheryl's glamourous look and is styled in a specially-created scarlet floor-length Jean-Paul Gaultier dress with heels. The model also has the 27-year-old pop star's trademark flowing locks and can be seen posing with hands on hips.
The wax figure has been placed in the A-list party area which includes doubles of Dame Helen Mirren, Robert Pattinson and Russell Brand.
"As the reaction of the public here today confirms, Cheryl is one of Britain's hottest celebrities and we're delighted to welcome her to Madame Tussauds London," said Liz Edwards, public relations manager at Madame Tussauds.
"We've been inundated with requests to feature her figure in the attraction and we expect it to quickly become one of the most popular here. Like the real Ms Cole, the figure is a knock out and will fit in perfectly with the glamorous line-up of stars in our A-List party area," she said. (IANS)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes