Washington, May 17 : Charlize Theron has revealed that she had no teeth until she I was 11 years of age.
The Oscar winner said that her "early childhood was quite devastating" because she "had jaundice as a kid," and "was put on so many antibiotics that my teeth rotted. They had to cut them out."
"So I never had milk teeth. That was tough, you know, being in school having photos taken while I was pretending I had teeth," Us magazine quoted her as telling the Sun.
"It was hideous," she said.
Years later, when she was 16, Theron was discovered by a modelling scout.
"It was totally by mistake. My mother thought it would be a funny joke. Modelling was never a passion of mine, but it was this incredible opportunity," she explained.
"I grew up in South Africa and I would look at maps and we were at the bottom of the world. There was this whole thing up there. I was always reading encyclopedias about the world. So travel was something I was always attracted to. So when the scout said, `You can go to Milan!' I was like, `Ah, hi!' . . . I hadn't even been on a plane prior to that," she added. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes
- Hamilton set to overtake Beckham as richest ever Brit sportsman
- 2016 Rio Olympics mascot is a bright yellow smiley-faced cat-like figure!
- Nadal set for return to court in Jan
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz