London, May 20 - Actor Jackie Chan is ready to bow out of action movies so he can show off his acting skills.
The 58-year-old is eager to ease into more dramatic parts, admitting he's getting too old for rigorous action shoots.
"I want the audience to know I'm not just about fighting, also I can act. And so day by day, year by year, I said, 'Right, I'm going to show you the real Jackie Chan," femalefirst. co. uk quoted Chan as saying.
He thinks age will soon take a toll on his frequency of taking up action-based projects.
"I don't just want to be an action star, I want to be a true actor so for the last 10 years I've done other films like 'The Karate Kid' where I'd rather play an old man. I will ask my body how long I can go. I'm not young anymore," he said. (IANS)
Random Acidfree items
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals