London, May 20 - Actor Jackie Chan is ready to bow out of action movies so he can show off his acting skills.
The 58-year-old is eager to ease into more dramatic parts, admitting he's getting too old for rigorous action shoots.
"I want the audience to know I'm not just about fighting, also I can act. And so day by day, year by year, I said, 'Right, I'm going to show you the real Jackie Chan," femalefirst. co. uk quoted Chan as saying.
He thinks age will soon take a toll on his frequency of taking up action-based projects.
"I don't just want to be an action star, I want to be a true actor so for the last 10 years I've done other films like 'The Karate Kid' where I'd rather play an old man. I will ask my body how long I can go. I'm not young anymore," he said. (IANS)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Serena continues to dominate WTA rankings with 5865-point lead
- India retain second place in ICC ratings despite series loss
- Li Na beats Cibulkova for maiden Australian Open title
- Federer highest-paid athlete in tennis with 71.5 mln dollars earnings in 2013
- Somdev advances to 2nd round of Australian Open qualifiers