New York, Apr 9 : A Canadian actress was arrested on Sunday night for allegedly stalking newly engaged actor Alec Baldwin after she showed up at his Manhattan apartment building.
According to law enforcement sources, Genevieve Sabourin allegedly sent emails and text messages to the "30 Rock" star saying she loved him, wanted to have his baby and also needed money, The New York Post reported.
The 40-year-old flew from Montreal to harass Baldwin at his home in the Hamptons on March 31, the sources said.
The 54-year-old actor who got engaged to 28-year-old yoga instructor Hilaria Thomas over that weekend filed a police complaint.
But she managed to elude Long Island authorities and followed Baldwin back to the city, the sources said.
A few days later, she allegedly showed up at an event at Lincoln Center where Baldwin was.
Sabourin was arrested after she showed up at his downtown Manhattan residence and the doorman called the peeved actor, who was in the Hamptons.
He notified cops, who busted her on charges of aggravated harassment and stalking.
The thin, pretty blonde, met Baldwin on the set of the 2002 movie, `The Adventures of Pluto Nash,' sources said.
Baldwin had a cameo in the flick and IMDb credits Sabourin as working as part of the crew.
However, it was not clear from how long the alleged stalking had been going on. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes