Dubai, Jan 26 : As part of the Dubai Shopping Festival 2011, the organisers are promising music buffs a memorable weekend.
The organisers said it was going to be a Bollywood song and dance weekend here as the industry''s biggest singers prepare to wow their fans in a one-off concert.
`Sheila ki Jawaani' singer Sunidhi Chauhan, musical heavyweight Krishnakumar Kunnath, popularly known as KK, and Punjabi artist Harbhajan Mann are expected to perform during the one-month-long shopping fiesta, reports Gulf News.
The organisers of Dubai Rocks, Oberoi Events, said the performance would be one of the biggest Bollywood musical nights the city has ever seen.
"This is one of my favourite cities in the world. I have been here a number of times and performed last year also during DSF for Salaam Dubai," said Chauhan, who will be sharing the stage with KK for the first time.
"I am excited to come again. My fans in Dubai have always been amazing and supportive. Also this time, I''ll be with KK, who usually sets the stage on fire," she added.
Ghazal singer Jagjit Singh and lyrist and poet Gulzar are also performing during the festival.
Singh will be back in Dubai to perform for the first time with Gulzar on February 18. They are expected to do a `jugalbandi', said the organisers. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings