Washington, June 9 : Alec Baldwin is considering running for mayor of New York, now that congressman Anthony Weiner may pull out of the race following his sex scandal, it has emerged.
"Alec said, ''Hey, maybe this changes the race. The dynamics have shifted.'' The Democrats need a high-profile candidate, and Alec can fill that bill," Contactmusic quoted a friend of Alec telling The Daily News.
The actor's representative Matthew Hiltzik then told The Hollywood Reporter, "I wouldn''t rule it out."
Alec, 53, has previously spoken about his desire to run for public office. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Serena continues to dominate WTA rankings with 5865-point lead
- India retain second place in ICC ratings despite series loss
- Li Na beats Cibulkova for maiden Australian Open title
- Federer highest-paid athlete in tennis with 71.5 mln dollars earnings in 2013
- Somdev advances to 2nd round of Australian Open qualifiers