Washington, June 9 : Alec Baldwin is considering running for mayor of New York, now that congressman Anthony Weiner may pull out of the race following his sex scandal, it has emerged.
"Alec said, ''Hey, maybe this changes the race. The dynamics have shifted.'' The Democrats need a high-profile candidate, and Alec can fill that bill," Contactmusic quoted a friend of Alec telling The Daily News.
The actor's representative Matthew Hiltzik then told The Hollywood Reporter, "I wouldn''t rule it out."
Alec, 53, has previously spoken about his desire to run for public office. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes
- Hamilton set to overtake Beckham as richest ever Brit sportsman
- 2016 Rio Olympics mascot is a bright yellow smiley-faced cat-like figure!
- Nadal set for return to court in Jan
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz