London, Feb 12 : Alec Baldwin was reportedly rushed to hospital, just weeks before he''s due to host the Oscars.
According to New York station WNBC, Baldwin, 51, was taken to a Manhattan hospital early yesterday morning after a 911 call from his daughter Ireland, 14, reports the Mirror.
Ireland is believed to have claimed her father "was unresponsive."
However, People mag reported that when paramedics arrived at his apartment, Baldwin, 51, agreed to be taken to Lennox Hill Hospital and was released after an hour.
Now, an American law enforcement official has said that Baldwin and his daughter had quarrelled and she told authorities he had threatened to take pills.
Baldwin''s rep called it "a misunderstanding on one person''s part". The statement said the 30 Rock star was "quickly released", is "completely fine and will be at work" today.
Baldwin is set to co-host the 82nd Academy Awards with Steve Martin on March 7 in Los Angeles. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals
- Murray beats Sousa in straight sets to advance to last 16 in Cincinnati
- 3rd Test: England crush India by 266 runs to level series 1-1
- Mauresmo to continue as Murray's coach