London, Mar 29: English singer Adele Laurie Blue Adkins has matched Queen of Pop Madonna's record after retaining the number one spot on the UK album chart for nine weeks.
Adele, 22, has now spent the same length of time at the top spot with her second album, `21', as Madonna's first greatest hits record, `The Immaculate Collection', in 1990, the BBC reported.
Her debut album, `19', has remained at number two, and in the singles chart, the singer's track `Someone Like You' climbed back up to number one.
Last week Nicole Scherzinger's `Don't Hold Your Breath' toppled the song after previously spending four weeks at the top of the chart.
Adele still has two other singles in the top 40 - `Rolling in the Deep' at number nine and `Make You Feel My Love' at 36, the Official Charts Company said.
The singer-songwriter is also enjoying continued success in the US, where 21 also regained the number one spot in the Billboard album chart last week.
Earlier in the year she became the first living artist since the Beatles to have two top five hits in the UK single and album charts simultaneously. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals
- Murray beats Sousa in straight sets to advance to last 16 in Cincinnati