Media house Jagran Prakashan has announced that it has clocked a growth of 41% in its net profit for the fourth quarter ended March 31,2009.
During the period under review, the company has recorded a net profit of Rs 21crore as compared to Rs 15 crore during the January-March quarter a year ago.
Company's total income has witnessed an upward trend to Rs 201crore during the fourth quarter of Financial Year 2009 from Rs 190 crore during the corresponding period a year ago.
Further, company's board members have declared a final dividend of 100 per cent or Rs 2 per share.
For the financial year ended on March 31, 2009, the company has registered a net profit of Rs 91crore, down 7% against Rs 98 crore of a year earlier.
Total income of the company went up to Rs 823 crore during the latest fiscal from Rs 749 crore of Financial Year 2008.
- Decision on gas price revision taken under RIL’s coercion: Dasgupta
- Government to pay $8.1 billion fuel subsidy in fourth quarter
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell