Hyderabad, May 16 : Hyderabad witnessed its first ever case of swine flu on Saturday when a 23-year-old man was found to be infected with Influenza AH1N1.
According to the Health Ministry, the passenger travelled by Emirates Airline from New York to Hyderabad via Dubai. He reached India on Wednesday morning and was quarantined after he was found to be suffering from fever.
"He was shifted to the identified isolation facility under strict infection control. His samples have tested positive for Influenza AH1N1," a Health Ministry statement said.
The person is being treated with anti-influenza drugs Oseltamivir and Afebrile.
All the passengers who came in contact with the infected person are also being monitored.
The passengers are being advised to remain under home quarantine for a period of seven days and monitor themselves for symptoms like fever, cough and difficulty in breathing. (ANI)
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC
- HPCL Visakha refinery suffers major fire due to short circuit