New Delhi, Jan 5 : Hockey India (HI) Tuesday sought clarification from Hockey Punjab on the formation of the state body before considering its request for affiliation to the national federation.
In a leter to HP secretary Pargat Singh, HI president Ashok Kumar Mattoo said that the affilitaion committee had informed them about the objections raised over the merger process of the three units to form HP.
"When you (Pargat Singh) met Narinder Batra, he apprised you about the complaints which have been received from different quarters who have raised doubts about the authentication of the formation of Hockey Punjab," Mattoo wrote in the letter.
"You are required to submit the minutes of meeting of election in which Hockey Punjab was formed alongwith the list of persons who attended the meeting for us to consider your request for affiliation."
HP president Sukhbir Singh Badal Sunday claimed that depiste meeting all the requirements as per HI constitution, they were still waiting to be affiliated to the national body.
Mattoo said the affiliation committee was looking into the matter.
"There is an affiliation committee to look after the affiliation of the state units after the members are fully convinced about the unification of all units. It is not only Punjab which is yet to be granted affiliation but there are many other states who are waiting to be affiliated due to certain queries raised by the affiliation committee.
"Affiliation has already been granted to those states who have completed the necessary formalities," Mattoo said.(IANS)
- IBM Watson’s Uses Artificial Intelligence techniques to Teach Robots Better Understand Human Communication
- Haggen Grocery Chain Wants Permission to Shutter Hundred More Stores
- New-Home Sales in the U.S. Increased in August by 5.7 Percent
- Federal Reserve Chair, Janet Yellen Feels Dehydrated during Speech; Gets Medical Attention
- Sanford C. Bernstein Reaffirms ‘Market Perform’ Rating for Lockheed Martin