Jewellers in the country have called for an nation-wide protest to show their opposition to the introduction of two per cent additional tax on gold in the union budget that was presented on 16 March 2012.
In Karnataka, people are getting ready to purchase gold jewelry for the upcoming festival of Ugadi in the state. However, shows here too remained closed as a response to the countrywide strike.
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC
- HPCL Visakha refinery suffers major fire due to short circuit