Rio de Janeiro, Feb 5 - State-controlled energy giant Petrobras announced the discovery of an oil and natural gas accumulation in the Solimoes basin of Brazil's Amazon region.
The find was made during drilling of the Leste do Igarape Chibata well in Coari, a town in Amazonas state located 25 km from the so-called Urucu oil province.
Drilling reached a final depth of 3,295 meters.
Tests indicate the find has the capacity to produce 1,400 barrels per day of good-quality light oil and 45,000 cubic meters per day of natural gas, Petrobras said Friday. (IANS)
- Scientists say death of a partner may cause an actual ‘heartbreak’
- Trump Criticizes Ford’s Move of Building a New Assembly Plant in Mexico
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Plan to End Merger Deal with New Stricter Tax Rules
- Dollar Close to Its Seventeen Month Low Against the Yen
- Iceland’s Prime Minister Resigns after Panama Paper Leak