Rio de Janeiro, Feb 5 - State-controlled energy giant Petrobras announced the discovery of an oil and natural gas accumulation in the Solimoes basin of Brazil's Amazon region.
The find was made during drilling of the Leste do Igarape Chibata well in Coari, a town in Amazonas state located 25 km from the so-called Urucu oil province.
Drilling reached a final depth of 3,295 meters.
Tests indicate the find has the capacity to produce 1,400 barrels per day of good-quality light oil and 45,000 cubic meters per day of natural gas, Petrobras said Friday. (IANS)
- Eversource Faces Stiff Challenge from ‘Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests’ over Burying Power Lines
- In Carolina Local Gas Prices Hits Lowest Levels in Years
- Brent Crude Drops Close to 2008 Low as Fresh Oil Glut Concerns Hit the Market
- Further Drop in California’s Unemployment Rate Reflects a Steady Economy
- Isis Pharmaceuticals Finally Decides to Change Name