Rio de Janeiro, Feb 5 - State-controlled energy giant Petrobras announced the discovery of an oil and natural gas accumulation in the Solimoes basin of Brazil's Amazon region.
The find was made during drilling of the Leste do Igarape Chibata well in Coari, a town in Amazonas state located 25 km from the so-called Urucu oil province.
Drilling reached a final depth of 3,295 meters.
Tests indicate the find has the capacity to produce 1,400 barrels per day of good-quality light oil and 45,000 cubic meters per day of natural gas, Petrobras said Friday. (IANS)
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study