Rio de Janeiro, Feb 5 - State-controlled energy giant Petrobras announced the discovery of an oil and natural gas accumulation in the Solimoes basin of Brazil's Amazon region.
The find was made during drilling of the Leste do Igarape Chibata well in Coari, a town in Amazonas state located 25 km from the so-called Urucu oil province.
Drilling reached a final depth of 3,295 meters.
Tests indicate the find has the capacity to produce 1,400 barrels per day of good-quality light oil and 45,000 cubic meters per day of natural gas, Petrobras said Friday. (IANS)
- Microsoft likely to offer free versions of Windows Phone, RT to device makers
- Twitter updates redesigned Mac app with image preview
- Twitter beats Facebook for 'best tech company to work for' title in 2014
- Microsoft launches tool to charm Gmail users to Outlook
- Twitter adds media lingo, synonyms for ad firms to better target users