Gujranwala, Dec 25 : Ten Pakistan and one Indian citizen, sentenced by a Spanish court on December 14 for allegedly plotting suicide attacks on a subway in Barcelona, have appealed against the verdict in higher courts.
The Spanish court had sentenced Mahroof Mirza to ten-and-a-half years in jail for leading a terrorist gang and planning bomb attacks on the Barcelona subway.
While, Muhammad Shoaib, Imran Cheema, Aqeelur Rehman Abbassi, Shaib Iqbal, Mehmood Khalid, Muhammad Tariq, Qadeer Malik, Abdul Hafez Ahmed, Muhammad Ayub Elahi and Roshan Jamal Khan were sentenced to eight-and-a-half years in prison for working for the gang, The Dawn reported.
According to the earlier verdict, all the accused were found guilty of planning to carry out suicide attacks on the subway on the instructions of former Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) chief Baitullah Mehsud and Al-Qaeda leaders. (ANI)
- Decision on gas price revision taken under RIL’s coercion: Dasgupta
- Government to pay $8.1 billion fuel subsidy in fourth quarter
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell