London, Jan 1 : Tablet web activity is still dominated by Apple''s iPad, despite increase in sales of Google''s Nexus and Amazon''s Kindle, a report has said.
According to analytics company Chitika, among North American users, for every 100 web page views on an AppleiPad, Amazon''s Kindle Fire had 4.88, while Google''s Nexus range had 1.22 page views.
Samsung''s Galaxy tablets achieved 3.04 page views per hundred on the iPad, the company said.
According to the Telegraph, the firm analysed web activity in the US and Canada between December 8th and December 14th this year.
At Apple''s event in September to launch the iPhone 5, Tim Cook referred to figures saying that the iPad was responsible for 91 per cent of all web traffic coming from tablet computers, the report said.
Noting that rivals claimed 32 per cent of the tablet market, Cook said they `don''t know what these other tablets are doing'
"They must be in warehouses or on store shelves or maybe in someone''s drawer," he added. (ANI)
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC
- HPCL Visakha refinery suffers major fire due to short circuit