London, Mar 19 : Studio bosses at Warner Brothers are said to considering signing Welsh actor Sir Anthony Hopkins for a role in the remake of the movie `Arthur'.
Hopkins, 71, may be paired with Brit actor Russell Brand, who has been considered to reprise Dudley Moore's role as an alcoholic ladies' man in the classic eighties movie.
"There's no one finer, we think, than Hopkins for that role. He exudes everything the Americans love about Brits; refined, charming, educated, well-spoken. We will give our best offer, and then some, to get him," the Daily Express quoted a source close to the film's producers as saying.
Studio bosses are determined to sign up Hopkins for the part of wisecracking butler Hobson, which had been played in the original movie by Sir John Gielgud.
Brand, 33, says that he would like to bring back the film's original leading lady Liza Minnelli, 63, rather than take on anyone new.
"She is playing the love interest," he said.
He added: "If it ain't broke don't fix it, that's my motto." (ANI)
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC
- HPCL Visakha refinery suffers major fire due to short circuit
- No refills for multiple cooking gas connection holders from June 1