Washington, January 27 : A Californian woman has made history after giving birth to six boys and two girls.
It is believed to be only the second time in history that live octuplets have been born and survived more than a few hours.
The mother, who was not identified, was reportedly without harm after giving birth to all the eight babies in a span of five minutes at Kaiser Permanente Hospital in Southern California.
"It''s a surprise. Eight newborns are in stable condition and they''re doing quite well," CBS News quoted Dr. Karen Maples as saying.
Kaiser spokeswoman Myra Suarez added: "They are all doing the best they can. The first baby was born at 10:43 a. m.; the eighth one at 10:48 a. m." (ANI)
- Decision on gas price revision taken under RIL’s coercion: Dasgupta
- Government to pay $8.1 billion fuel subsidy in fourth quarter
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell