After a long wait, the prospective consumers of the Toyota brand will now be able to get their hands on the diesel variant of the Altis by August. Sandeep Singh, Deputy Managing Director, Toyota Kirloskar said that the company will be launching diesel variant of the Altis in August this year.
With the diesel variant set for debut from Toyota, it clearly signifies the fact that the Japanese counterparts, Honda will surely have to speed up its plans to launch Civic in the diesel variant in the Indian market to keep its flag flying high.
It may be noted here that the company showed its interest in launching the diesel variants in the Indian market at the launch of the new Land Cruiser last year and with the Altis set to make its presence felt in the diesel segment, the company will surely be able to rack up high volumes in the coming times.
Notably, apart from the Altis, the company is doing pretty well with its Fortuner.
Moreover, it is believed that once the small car from Toyota will enter the Indian market, it will further intensify the competition in the segment.
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC
- HPCL Visakha refinery suffers major fire due to short circuit
- No refills for multiple cooking gas connection holders from June 1
- REpower Systems bags cumulative orders 580 MW in 3 months
- DBT scheme for the LPG to be launched in 20 districts on June 1