While the Tatas have been known as the company that likes to keep the brand names of its upcoming products in a gift wrap until they are launched but it has been learned that the company will by branding the mini Ace truck with a .5 tonne payload Ace Zip.
Keeping in mind the fact that Zip is generally used in the IT industry that denoted more capacity in a small space and also means speed for many will be the new brand for the mini Ace Truck that will be launched by the company in the Indian market soon.
The market leader in light commercial vehicles has been working for a while on developing a smaller variant of Tata Ace.
While the industry experts believe that it will take on the Mahindra Gio, Force Motors' Trump 15, and three-wheelers brands like Piaggio's Ape and Bajaj Auto's GC Max in the domestic market, it is believed that it will be priced in the price range of Rs 1.6 lakh to Rs 2 lakh, in line with existing products.
Umesh Karne, auto analyst, Brics Securities said that keeping in mind the huge network of the company and the highly efficient product skills there are hardly any reason to why the mini Ace will not succeed in the Indian market.
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC
- HPCL Visakha refinery suffers major fire due to short circuit